Thursday, November 23, 2023

 Motionless and still I stood 

Watching the calm ripples in the lake,

Heaven with myriad of stars and the moon 

Reflected clearly in the waters 

Boarded by tall elegant cedars 

Infatuated me beyond words. 


Vainly I tried to describe 

But found it is useless. 

I realized with a sudden start 

It is beyond the power of mortals 

To define the divine architecture. 


My eyes wandered beyond 

To savour the vestal beauty. 

I heard the wind murmuring 

Sweet meaningless nothings to the trees,

And the whispering of the meadows 

When they danced in pure glee. 


The hills teemed with cedars 

Girdled by a thick ring of mist 

Rose higher to reach the moon 

And beckoning eagerly with mirth 

Simply took my breath away. 


The deep and dark vales down 

Blanketed by the clouds 

Went on watching silently 

The covetous romance of the cedars 

Made their visages dark all the more. 


I stood there transfixed 

And dared not to move 

For it may disturb the serenity 

Which I didn't desire to happen 

So I slipped unobtrusively away 

Keeping the scenes vivid in mind.

George of the woods 

No comments: