Thursday, November 23, 2023

 Under the banian I sat

Pondering over the past 

Memories haunted my mind 

In the downpour I recollected 

The dew fed face quite alive 

And it flickered like a fleeting vision.


Coming back from kindergarten 

After the toil and moil of the day !

Cheeks turned rosy in the sun 

Taking refuge in my arms 

With myriad of doubt and questions 

Eager and restless to get answers 

Sat my sweetie in my lap merrily.


She cocked her face up 

In innocent curiosity 

And with a quizzical smile 

Lurking somewhere in the 

Corners of her rosy lips.


The answers made her happy 

And she gave vent her joy 

With bites scratches and kisses 

Demanding more in return 

When denied she sulked and pouted 

How pleasant were the days!


Oh joy you play hide and seek 

Hiding yourself in a subtle way 

In the sulking face of a child.


O gone are the days 

Never to return again 

Yet I spend my time in anticipation 

To see her in a replica 

To fill my time as I used to.

George of the woods 



No comments: