Thursday, March 1, 2007

MY FLIRTING WITH A HORNET

There she sat
With unruffled complacent air
To none she paid attention
Thoughts in her own she engrossed,
She a narcissist, I doubt
Herself enjoying in full content;

Hesitantly I approached
With elegance she watched
Displaying colours sparkling
And with mischief eyes gleaming
Around she looked with indignance
Then she opened her wings
Like a parasol swings
Coloured with many flounces
Shining brightly in plumes
She advanced towards
With a feline grace.
Then stopped and eyed me quizzically.

I caressed her softly
Objection none she had
My passes she enjoyed
I thought ………

Her pensive acceptance
Made me venture again
How angry she became!
Alas ! she stung me most cruelly
Then flew away nonchalantly
Leaving me quite stunned
Agape and embarrassed.

No comments: