Thursday, November 23, 2023

 Lamentations Of A Rose

You buzzed around courting me 

And hummed a melody to woo me 

As I was rocking softly in the breeze. 


Feeling entranced by your tender ways 

I looked up and a quiver ran over my body 

I paled a little and became moody. 


All the while you were humming sweetly 

A melody rich in love and care 

To capture my attention fully. 


You touched my shoulders tentatively 

The touch made me blush deeply 

I looked up with half closed eyes 

You were gazing down with rapt eyes. 


My chubby cheeks dimpled in a smile 

Anxiety made you wait awhile 

Then you touched my trembling lips 

I winced as if thrashed by a whip. 


You clasped me in a tight hug 

And sucked on ignoring my tugs 

I melted in your arms like hail in the sun 

All the while you were caressing me fondly. 


It made my being merge in you fully 

Lost in the dreams of joy and ecstasy 

I stood transfixed in a stupefied tremor. 


But you left me humming happily 

I for one,like a fool waited and waited 

For your buzzing , to meet you again 

To enjoy again the fathomless sheen 

That brightened the glitter in your eyes. 

George of the woods 


No comments: