Thursday, November 16, 2023

 Rain rain torrential rain 

The pertinacious,unrelenting and capricious rain 

Poured down ceaselessly making the region into an archipelago 

Making a cycloramic beautiful scenario 

But before it came the Terra firma 

Was parched,torrid and arid.

Even though I am a pluviophile 

Out of wrath I asked,"Who art thou?The rain answered my query,

"I'm the music of the Earth 

I orchestrate in different forms 

Without me life is not possible

I come down from the nimbus 

Satiating my thirst from the 

Oceans and plains until I am 

Saturated and indiscriminately 

I shower down in a torrent 

Over the arid earth making it slushy 

And exuding my unique fragrance petrichor 

Making everything joyous and happy 

And they quench their thirst guzzling me avidly 

All the trees sagged in supplication 

Humbly receiving it in graceful gratitude. 

."Adieu"I said with a mournful quiver. 

But the quiescent rain gave me 

A quizzical look and soothed me "I will come again but the interim 

Maybe long."and the rain nonchalantly faded away leaving 

me dumbfounded.

George of the woods 

No comments: